A retail client is entitled to the following protection rights which waives when he/she becomes an elective professional client.
- A Retail Client will be given more information/disclosures with regard to iFOREX Europe, its services and any investments, its financial instruments and their performance, the nature and risks of financial instruments, its costs, commissions, fees and charges and the safeguarding of client financial instruments and client funds, including summary details of any relevant investor compensation or deposit guarantee scheme, as applicable.
- Where iFOREX Europe is providing the services of Reception & Transmission of orders and/or Executing Client orders (including when acting as principal), iFOREX Europe shall ask a Retail Client to provide information regarding his knowledge and experience in the investment field relevant to the specific type of product or service offered or demanded so as to enable iFOREX Europe to assess whether the investment service or product envisaged is appropriate for the client. In case iFOREX Europe considers, on the basis of the information received, that the product or service is not appropriate to a Retail Client, it shall warn the client accordingly. Please note that iFOREX Europe is not required to assess appropriateness in certain cases specified by the Law (for example but not limited to the situation where on an execution only basis the financial instrument concerned is not complex). iFOREX Europe shall be entitled to assume that a Professional Client has the necessary experience and knowledge in order to understand the risks involved in relation to those particular investment services or transactions, or types of transaction or product, for which the client is classified as a Professional Client. Consequently, and unlike the situation with a Retail Client, iFOREX Europe should not generally need to obtain additional information from the client for the purposes of the assessment of appropriateness for those products and services for which they have been classified as a Professional Client.
- When executing orders, investment firms and credit institutions providing investment services must take all reasonable steps to achieve what is called “best execution” of the client’s orders, that is to obtain the best possible result for their clients.
- Where iFOREX Europe executes an order of a Retail Client, the best possible result shall be determined in terms of the total consideration, representing the price of the financial instrument and the costs related to execution, which shall include all expenses incurred by the client which are directly related to the execution of the order, including execution venue fees, clearing and settlement fees and any other fees paid to third parties involved in the execution of the order. iFOREX Europe shall also send a notice to a Retail Client confirming execution of the order as soon as possible and no later than the first business day following execution or, if the confirmation is received by iFOREX Europe from a third party, no later than the first business day following receipt of the confirmation from the third party, as applicable. Professional Clients are also entitled to a confirmation for the execution of their orders however there is no specific timeframe involved as to when the Professional Client will receive this information. Nevertheless, this confirmation shall be provided promptly.
- iFOREX Europe must inform Retail Clients of material difficulties relevant to the proper carrying out of their order(s) promptly upon becoming aware of the difficulty.
- Retail Clients may be entitled to compensation under the Investor Compensation Fund for Clients of Investment Firms, while, Professional Clients are not entitled to compensation under the said fund.
- Retail clients are entitled to the National Product Intervention Measures, in relation to the restriction, marketing, distribution and sale of CFDs to retail clients, that apply in each EEA Member state.